Bob Dylan was right: “The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind.”
Wind energy costs are expected to fall by up to 30 percent in the next 15 years. That’s according to a freshly published paper in Nature Energy.
A survey of 163 wind-power experts, the review offers a bullish outlook for renewable energy — a necessity is humanity is to create a cleaner, healthier society.
As the survey details: “Costs could be even lower: experts predict a 10% chance that reductions will be more than 40 percent by 2030 and more than 50 percent by 2050.”
The key components in making this happen will be public support and more advanced tech. Polls conducted by the Wind Energy Foundation show public support somewhere in the 60-70 percent range in various Western nations.